This post should have been posted yesterday... but yesterday was my birthday and I was busy. By the way, the week was really calm.
Collaborate with the FreeBSD Documentation Project
The duty of the FreeBSD Documentation Project is to keep the website, documentation, manual pages, etc in a really good shape.
Do you need to know programming to collaborate? Totally no. You only need to know how to read and write in English.
And if you have a mother tongue different from English you can collaborate translating the Project.
If you want to collaborate with us. You can contact me.
Right now this is the status of the bugs:
- In the website: 43
- In the documentation: 291
- In the manual pages: 320
Bugs and improvements of this week
- Fix years of service for Warner Losh (Warner Losh)
- Upgrade my pgp key (me, Sergio Carlavilla)
- Translate news to Traditional Chinese (Ruey-Cherng Yu)
- Welcome me as a new Core Team Secretary :) ( Li-Wen Hsu)
- Remove old partners from the Jenkins admin group (Li-Wen Hsu)
- Move ohauer to the developer alumni after safekeeping his ports commit bit (Rene Ladan)
Situacion of the web apps working group
Right now we're working with mandoc to render the manual pages using it.
As you can see bellow this is a FreBSD manual page rendered using mandoc and with some tweaks in the mandoc css.
In a couple of weeks the RC version will be published for review.